BEST REMEDIES FOR DRY THROAT
Your dry throat always disturbs you especially while sleeping? If yes then you have to read this article because today we are giving you some best remedies which will definitely solves your problem.
Dry throat is one of the most common problem in not only adults even kids are also facing this problem. This is very irritating situation when you get your throat dry especially while sleeping which makes you uncomfortable.
According to the research which available in National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) there are 31 % of people reported who had suffered in various sore throat or tonsillitis in last year.
REASONS OF DRY THROAT
The dry throat normally affected by the inflammation of pharynx the tube which is spread and hide behind nose and mouth in the direction of esophagus which regulate the stomach. Mostly in cold weather when air becomes dry. In this condition the upper breathing infections are increase.
But there are so many other reasons that can make your throat dry such as:
- Certain food
- Pet hair
- Dust mites
In allergic reaction causes:
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Tickly mouth, eyes and skin
- Dehydration is another causes of dry throat
- As well as dry mouth can occurs by sleeping with open mouth because they starts breathing through mouth
SIGNS OF DRY THROAT
Following symptoms in which you should give attention and take care of your throat from any infection.
- Hay fever
- Strep throat
- Acid reflux (GERD)
- Any allergy
DRY THROAT NATURE TREATMENT
Using of natural ingredients is much better than instead of using medicine. But still we are not suggest you to ignore your problem whenever you get any serious condition then consult with your doctor immediately.
Following are some home remedies or natural tips by which you can relief your problem. There are no side effects of any remedy.
USE OF HONEY
Honey is best for dry throat because it has antiseptic, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties all these actives are perfect for moisturize your throat as well as it fights with microbes which is the cause of infection and make the throat dry.
Not only this, even honey can work as hypertonic osmotic in which it pulls the water out to inflamed tissue and decrease swelling. It is also excellent for immune system.
- Take 1 teaspoon of honey (organic and raw) then add into warm water and mix well, you can also add some lemon juice. Drink twice a day.
- Another tip is adding 1 teaspoon of honey into Luke warm a cup of milk. Drink it before going to sleep.
Another way to treat dry throat is licorice. It is rich in antifungal antibacterial actives and these are most helpful in relieving of infection because these types of infections can be cause of dry throat. The power of anti-inflammatory also decrease irritation and make your throat comfortable.
- Take licorice powder 1 tablespoon then add into water and boil for few minutes, then strain and drink this tea 2 times a day.
- As well as you can take half teaspoon of licorice powder with honey in small quantity and eat for few times daily.
ROOTS OF MARSHMALLOW
Marshmallow is delicious in taste and their roots are also very beneficial which consist of mucilage which is very good for sore and dry throat. Also reduce the inflammation of tonsillitis, strep throat and acid reflux problem.
- Take 1 cup of water then add 1 tablespoon of dried marshmallow root then boil about 20 minutes, after this strain the liquid and add honey in little amount and drink . You can take 3 cups in a day of this herbal tea.
Note: Marshmallow root is not suggested for diabetic patients and pregnant women.
Gargling is very old method for relaxing throat inflammation. It includes two ingredients salt and water.
Salt has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties and warm water is also very good for sore throat.
That is why combination of these two ingredients is best for relief dry and sore throat.
- Take 1 cup of hot water then add half teaspoon of salt. Mix and wait for a minute then start gargling.
- Do this method daily for few times in a day. Best use before going to sleep.
You may also like:
- Influential Remedies for Inflammation
- Aloe Vera Benefits and Side Effects for Your Health
- How to Control Bad Breath Naturally